Medical Social Work
Rehabilitation Management, LLC
Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What do case managers do?
A case manager works together with the injured person and your medical team, insurance team and
legal team so that your recovery process is coordinated. A case manager advocates for the injured
person.  They empower you and your family with information you need to make wise decisions
regarding your care.

Q: Why do I need case management services?
Your case manager will go with you to every doctor's appointment related to your auto injuries and
help you understand your health concerns by putting the doctor's recommendations in to every day
language. We advocate for you if there is an issue that is overlooked. We make sure that your doctor
writes the orders necessary to continue the care you need.  We are familiar with all the benefits that
are available to auto accident victims and will inform you of these benefits.  We keep your insurance
adjuster updated on your progress and goals.

Q: Will you work with my attorney?
We often work with clients that have a lawyer. We write a monthly progress report that is submitted to
your insurance company, we also send a duplicate to your lawyer so they are well informed of the
progress of your case.

Q:  Who pays for case management services?
We bill the insurance company directly for services provided.  If your insurance company does not pay
for our services, you are not billed separately for case management services.

Q:  What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Auto No-Fault Insurance,  Worker's Compensation and many other health insurances for
case management claims.  We also accept Medicare, Private Pay  for other services provided.

Q:  What is counseling?
Counselors help clients identify goals and potential solutions to problems which cause stress or

Q:   Should I seek counseling?
You may want to seek counseling if any of the below describe your situation:  
  • Spend 5 out of 7 days feeling unhappy.
  • Regularly cannot sleep at night.
  • Are taking care of a parent or a child and experiencing stress or confusion from the situation.
  • Have lost someone or something of importance.
  • Have a chronic medical illness.
  • Can no longer prioritize what is most important in your life.
  • Feel overwhelmed by stress.

Q:  Will my health insurance cover counseling?
Many insurance and coverage plans cover mental health services by a licensed counselor.

Q:  Is everything I say confidential?
As a client, you are guaranteed the protection of confidentiality within the boundaries of the
client/counselor relationship. Any disclosure will be made with your full written, informed consent and
will be limited to a specific period of time. The only limitations to confidentiality occur when a
counselor feels that there is clear and imminent danger to you or to others, or when legal
requirements demand that confidential information be disclosed such as a court case.  Whenever
possible, you will be informed before confidential information is revealed.

Q:  Is recovery from head injury possible?
Yes, recovery is measured in weeks, months and even years. Recovery is most rapid shortly after the
injury and slows down with the passage of time.  Many people with mild head injuries end up with
almost no noticeable problems, however, others require constant care for the rest of their life.

Q:  Is the scope of  Geriatric assessment limited?
No. We are trained to evaluate all aspects of an older person's life, including legal, financial, home
safety, nutritional, medical, and housing issues. An in-depth assessment would include the client's
physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual, and environmental strengths, weaknesses and
concerns. The goal of the assessment is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the support
required to assist older adults in functioning as independently and with the highest quality of life.

Q:  What type of health care documents do I need?
Everyone should have a basic will, a durable power of attorney, a living will or advance directive.
Medical Social Work Rehabilitation
Management, LLC.
2 Farmington Rd.
Livonia, MI 48152
Ph: 734-513-4100
Fax: 734-513-0900